We are looking for a cloud engineer to join our Singapore team. We are looking for someone who wants to work remotely from any south east Asian location close to Singapore, including Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand or the Philippines.
Our cloud engineers are solution designers and problem solvers with a development background. They are critical to our business and the business of our clients. The role is varied and includes everything from solution design, DevOps tooling, CI/CD, test automation, packaging, release management, infra as code and configuration, and incident resolution. You will be helping our agency partners and our clients to build better applications and design more robust solutions using AWS and Azure.
Just After Midnight are known for providing the very top level of cloud consulting and SRE services so we are looking for the very best engineers. Your key responsibilities will be:
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying infrastructure on AWS/Azure/GCP
- Take an active role in our world class Incident Response team
- Problem solving and resolution to incidents caused by application or infrastructure issues for clients
- Actively maintaining customer environments to best practice standard e.g. patching, upgrades etc.
- Undertake AWS Well Architected Reviews for our clients
- Build pipelines for integration
You will most likely be working with AWS or Azure and focused on client facing products or web applications. You are used to working with a large variety of clients in a fast paced environment. You are likely to have started from a development or DevOps/SysOps background and you love to play with new technology and solve issues. You read about new technology all the time, know your PaaS from your IaaS and your FaaS, can dabble in code in one more languages and don’t mind getting your hands dirty to help out the team. We’d love you to join us if you are:
- Able to work on complex systems with a small team
- Able to pick things up and learn quickly
- Able to work independently on individual initiatives and/or team projects
- Inquisitive in nature
- Have excellent communication skills
- A positive team player
- Both honest and apolitical
Skills and tech
You are AWS and/or Azure accredited and experienced working on their tools and services. You are likely to have a Computer Science degree or similar educational qualifications and be working with some of the tools and platforms listed below.
Core: AWS, Azure, GCP, Microsoft Servers, Linux Servers, Terraform, Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus, VST, Sitecore, SQL Databases (MySQL, MSSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB), Kubernetes.
Maybe some of these: Jenkins, Chef, Atlassian, Splunk, Nuget, Chocolatey, App Insights, Umbraco, Kentico, Sitefinity, Adobe AEM, Drupal, WordPress, Magento, CDN, SOLR, Redis (or equivalent caching application).
Just After Midnight
We are one of the most well respected 24/7 application support teams in the industry. We are the go-to support partner for protecting digital revenue and reputation, through cloud hosting services and DevOps design and implementation.
We are in our fifth year of operation and growing very fast, with staff and offices in London, Singapore, Australia and the US. Our clients include global and national brands such as FortyTwo, Volvo, OSIM and Banyan Tree.
We are made up of a mixed bunch of night owls, early birds, part-timers and 9-5ers. We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people to join us. Working here means being in an environment where self-motivation, discipline and flexibility are the norm.
Benefits and salary
- A competitive salary
- Opportunities for travel and transfer between offices
- Remote working
- Committed to equal opportunities
- A fund dedicated to your learning and development