At its core, Just After Midnight is a business providing the very best support & consultancy to our customers and helping to maintain their online brands and credibility. Our DevOps engineers are at the forefront of our boutique service. We want the very best problem solvers, architects, developers and engineers who can help ensure that we provide the very best in cloud infrastructure for our customers’ business-critical platforms, but also that the inevitable outages and performance issues encountered in today’s cloud-first world, are mitigated and remediated in the quickest time possible.
Our customer stakeholders span marketing, technology, eCommerce, customer experience and engineering. Our approach is not to discount our responsibility for an issue but rather do anything we can to restore service – whether the issue is at an infrastructure, application or third-party service level.
Working for JAM as a DevOps Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking an active role in our world-class Incident Response team
- Problem-solving and resolution to incidents caused by application or infrastructure issues for clients
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying infrastructure using IaC
- Actively maintaining customer environments to best practice standard e.g. patching, upgrades etc.
- DevOps-oriented client work such as building CI / CD pipelines
You will most likely be working at an agency or for a client directly and want to work on a large variety of clients in a growing, fast-paced environment. You might be from a software development background but just as easily could be from a cloud engineering space. The key is attitude and wanting to be exposed to new technologies but also committed to getting stuck in and resolving issues on production platforms. The personal attributes we look for include:
- The ability to work on complex systems with a small team
- The ability to pick things up and learn quickly
- The ability to switch between working autonomously whilst still being an active team player.
- Inquisitive in nature
- Excellent communication skills
- Both honest and apolitical
Skills and tech
You are likely to have a Computer Science degree or similar educational qualifications and be working with some of the tools and platforms listed below:
Core: Azure, AWS, Microsoft Servers, Linux Servers, Terraform, Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus, VST, Sitecore, SQL Databases (MySQL, MSSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB)
Others: Jenkins, Kubernetes, Chef, Atlassian, Splunk, Nuget, Chocolatey, CloudWatch, App Insights, Umbraco, Kentico, Sitefinity, Adobe AEM, Drupal, WordPress, Magento, CDN, SOLR, Redis (or equivalent caching application).
Just After Midnight
We are the go-to support partner for brands and their agencies, our whole job is protecting digital revenue and reputation. We do this through designing and managing cloud hosting services, designing and implementing DevOps processes and operating one of the most well-respected 24/7 application support teams in the industry. Our clients include brands such as Vodafone, Ford, Volvo and Everton FC. We are made up of a mixed bunch of night owls, early birds, part-timers and 9-5ers. We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people to join us. Working here means being in an environment where self-motivation, discipline and flexibility are the norm.
Salary and benefits
- We have a fantastic and beautiful working environment based in South East London but equally, support remote working for those looking for it
- Opportunities for travel and transfer between offices
- Flexible working – we all come from different backgrounds and personal situations. We want you to be able to do your job, whilst still being able to handle your personal commitments.
- Health benefits
- Company pension
- Committed to equal opportunities and pay at all levels
- Competitive salary and other benefits included
- A fund dedicated to your learning and development
Want to get to know our team even better? Take a closer look here.